Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas in China...A Day in Beijing.

December 25 2008

Today was one hilarious and exciting day, and fun day. This morning we all woke up and had Christmas to the best we could like we always do. Lily and Lia walked in and we handed them their gifts and let them play I received all the gifts i had bought or seen. That's the funny part. Me and Dad got Mom a diamond and jade ring and she loved it. So the morning was good. We had a wonderful breakfast and we relaxed and watched movies.

Then Dad and I went to meet a guide that our previous guide set up for us named Helen. She was great and nice. She took us down to the one place I really wanted to g--the Olympic Green. Dad and I had so much fun. We arrived there and then went to the Bird's Nest first. This was the site of a ton of Olympic events, including the most important the Closing and Opening ceremonies. It was huge and amazing. Silver and metal crossed over and over with tons of seats, a athletes dream. Inside was neat too. We walked right over where amazing athletes ran and threw and jumped onto the field where tons of people did the ceremonies. It was an incredible adventure. Me and Dad even went to where the president sat next to the Chinese President. After that we visited the awesome gift shop where I purchased a gold replica of the stadium. (for my room of course)

Then we visited the water cube. The site where Michael Phelps won the single most medals in an Olympics ever, Eight! I even sat where his Mom sat during the games. We got plenty of pictures of course as you can see. It was a ton of fun to see where all these really talented athletes performed. After visiting the inside of course I went to the gift shop there too... why not? There I also purchased another replica of the cube.. once again for my room. Then we left for the hotel. We took plenty more picture of the all the stadiums.





Now we are eating M&M's before dinner of course, because Dad and I didn't get to eat lunch but it was one incredible fun day. Merry Christmas! Love You All!

God Bless,
Austin,Lily,and Lia Faith

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I cannot believe how big the Bird's Nest is! I am glad you got to see it. I love the pictures, and would love to see the Olypmic grounds for myself one day! I miss you!
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Austin!!! This sounds like an amazing day. I hope we can get together when you guys get back and settled in b/c I want to see more of these Olympic stadium pictures.

    We'll be praying for a quick, safe trip back home :)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Austin... So many good pics! and I love your profile song.. "Im Coming Home"! Perfect selection! Cant wait to see yall we miss you.
    Love ya,
    Aunt Donna, cuz Jess & Granny (she is standing behind me..lol)

    ReplyDelete