Saturday, December 20, 2008

Three Days in Guangzhou

December 20 2008

Guangzhou has just been so exciting. We all have had so much fun. As Dad may have mentioned in his post I have made me some friends here using my Chinese which they love to hear. It's real fun to speak it too, I have gotten to be really good at it. I am really happy we took Chinese classes before we went.

So summing each of the Day's up..

The first day we arrived in the afternoon and met our guide Rebecca who we love because we have had her before, the first time we came. She is real funny and sweet. We arrived at the White Swan hotel forty minutes later. Which is the most amazing hotel I have ever had the privilage to stay at. It has a waterfall inside, a wonderful breakfast, Pools, and Billards, an Arcade, and much much more. That night we ordered Papa John's Pizza, which was delicious.

The second day we got up ate our breakfast and met Rebecca in the lobby to go to the hospital for Lia's medical check up. After that I spent the rest of the afternoon bartering for things that i saw and liked. Which was fun because like I said before it gave me an oppurtunity to use my Chinese, which was really fun. That night we had Lucy's an American style restraunt.







Today, we ate breakfast again and visited a local Christian Chinese church,then we went to the Shopping mall. There we bought lots of great DVD's, and Mom bought Lily and Lia jade necklaces and pearl jewelry. Then Lily and Lia went and got their nails done which they loved. This afternoon we got pictures of us for oil paintings and Mom bought us all traditional Chinese clothes. Then me and Dad went and played billiards for the night and ate dinner. Tonight we have just been watching movies and relaxing while the girls run wild laughing.







Tomorrow we will leave for the botanical gardens and our boat cruise. I will post afterwards. We are all having so much fun. Love You All!

God Bless,
Austin,Lily, and Lia Faith

2 comments:

  1. I love visiting botanical gardens when I travel! I hope you enjoy the garden as much as I do. You and your sisters look very nice!
    I miss you.
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Austin, you look like a basketball player in the picture where you are standing with Lily and Lia! You did make some nice pictures!
    It sounds like you are having a blast. I am so glad. Enjoy it because it is a wonderful experience. Give everybody a hug for me.
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete