Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yingze Park.. A Day in Taiyuan

December 13 2008

Today was a splendid day in Taiyuan. We ate breakfast and left our hotel at 10:30
to go to Yingze park. Lily Had a fun time as she rode the Merry-go-round and enjoying the culture of China.



Mom had a both interesting and funny time dancing with a Chinese man in the middle of the park to the background music of men playing and singing Jingle Bells. We all coulldn't help but be amused.





The Park was very pretty consisting of Water that was frozen, a big temple,children playing and dancing and laughing.



It all was a wonderful view of the lovely Chinese culture and beauty. Finally to sum our day up me and Dad went to McDonald's and ate some wonderful hamburgers and french fries and ice cream. Great American Westernized food. Then we went to the hotel recreation center where we played pool and a chinese man taught us how to play snooker. Apparently we aren't very good. We all would laugh when we made funny mistakes.



But however we are all doing well and are graciously awaiting the arrival of the New Addition,Lia Faith to our family. Who we will be getting tomorrow!

I hope you all continue to read the blog. Your comments are always greatly appreciated they send smiles to my face every time I read them. Thank You Always

God Bless,
Austin,Lily,and soon Lia Faith

2 comments:

  1. Hey Austin, It's Billy here. I am so jealous of you guys. I wish that it had been possible for me to go with you this time. I loved travelling to foreign countries when I was younger. Lia and all of you are the main topic of conversation at our church. At both services today we all talked more about your adventure than any other subject. Tell your dad and mom that they will have to make plans to attend a Sunday service with Granny and I at Oakdale Baptist as soon as resonable after you return home.

    I was tickled about your mom dancing with the Chinese man. I would have liked to see that in person.

    I know you are glad about finding a McDonald's over there. Maybe you won't lose weight on this trip like you did on the last one.

    Well that's all for this time . I look forward to your next posting.

    God bless,
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin, you look cold! I hope it is not as bad as the Christmas Parade. At least you have gloves this time! I enjoy seeing all of your pictures. China looks so beautiful! I hope you have fun!
    Love,
    Chelsea :)

    ReplyDelete