Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Final Days in Beijing..We're Going Home!



December 27 2008

Well, it's finally here, the day we were looking forward too..well at least after two weeks. Today was our last day in this incredible country of China. It has been an amazing experience every day that I will truly never forget for the rest of my life. Maybe one day I will be able to come back and visit again..when I finish learning Chinese of course! We started in Shanghai, a one night stay..moving to Taiyuan, hours away from the new addition's hometown of Datong. Then we made it through my favorite city Guangzhou. Now, we leave from the second biggest city in the World, Beijing. Everywhere we go it has been fun no doubt. We all loved every guide. I thank God wherever we went he kept us safe, and I pray and know he will do the same for us tomorrow. We all are looking forward to see our friends and family and to introduce them to Lia Faith. She is a cute wonderful blessing.

Well, to start off I'll summarize yesterday's events. We did let me think ummm.. Nothing, until that afternoon of course when we went and saw an Acrobatics show that was awesome and exciting. If you haven't been to one I strongly encourage you to go to one whenever you have the chance, it is amazing to see. This was my fourth, two in Beijing, the others in the states.





Today we woke up early and visited the silk factory. There, Mom and I went wild let's say. At the end we bought ourselves silk bedding for a great deal. Mine is blue with a Chinese crest and hers is gold with hand woven flowers and designs. We are both looking forward to using them with all the wonderful comments we heard on them, and they last up to twenty years.

After leaving there we made our way to a Hutong called Hoa Hoi. This was a Chinese village that had been there for thousands of years. We rode around in rickshaws seeing the best culture of China.







We visited a woman's home and she told us about life in the Hutong, showing us pictures of her when she was young. Then we made our way to a great Authentic Chinese restaurant. after that we dropped the girls off at the hotel for a nap, and Dad and I went to Tiananmen Square. We saw the Congress house and other buildings there, as well as the opening gate to the Forbidden City with the Picture of Chairman Mao. Then we left for the hotel.







That was our final day in Beijing. They were great! We won't ever forget this journey. Love you all. We will see you soon!

God Bless
Austin,Lily,and Lia Faith

2 comments:

  1. I can't say enough about your trip and I have loved your blog. What great memories you have stored up, both for Lia & Lily and yourself!
    You really soaked up the Chinese culture this trip, didn't you?!!
    And I am glad that you are finally coming home!! Yay!!
    See you at the airport!
    All my love,
    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time in China and that you are ready to come home...You should take some of those great pictures you took and have them made into poster size and framed for your chinese room.

    ReplyDelete