Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Morning at the Coal Mueseum Afternoon at Jinci Temple

December 17 2008

Today was a day of both ups and downs. It was a good day however. We all woke up about seven got dressed and went and ate breakfast. Then we left at ten thirty to go to the Shanxi Province Coal Museum. It was the largest coal museum in Asia.

When we arrived we met our English tour guide who was very thrilled to have some American people to show around. After seeing some cool coal carvings, we went and watched a 4D movie in Chinese on the process of coal. Now this was a very hilarious intensifying little thrill ride, but not to Lily and Lia who got scared. It did almost everything. The seats would move, air blown into your face, and your feet. It would rain, and snow and had almost live dinosaurs, which Lily claims were going to get her... poor sweet baby girl. After that fun/scary adventure we walked some more around the museum and purchased some coal carvings of the years we were born in. Then Mom and Dad went down into an actual mine that dated back from early prehistoric all the way till modern. I was in charge to help our guide Emily watch Lily and Lia. There I got to practice my Chinese with some people who would ask questions. After that we made our way into the gift shop. There We bought some of the province's main export vinegar, as well as some other items.



Then we left for the hotel for some rest before spending the afternoon at Jinci Temple. We left the hotel at about two, for a forty minute ride down back roads along beautiful mountains. Lily and Lia were so tired and fell asleep on the way. There we all had a fun time. We visited different family temples and visited a Chinese art gallery. Lily and Lia had a blast, running wild all over. I myself had fun too though. I explored around a lot getting pictures.








That was basically our journey for the day. At night me and Dad went and played ping pong. Little did we know who was going to play around us. There was a little chinese six year old Chinese girl that wacked back and forth so fast you couldn't even see her hands. Me and Dad figured out they were probably going to laugh as soon as we got out the door. Then ventured into Taiyuan for some Pizza Hut. There we actually met a man that spoke very good English.
The pizza was great, we all watched movies and the three girls had a blast.

Lia is getting just closer and closer to her family. She continues to love us everyday. I thank God for this wonderful blessing. That's all for now. Love You All!

God Bless
Austin,Lily,and Lia Faith

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Ya'll are having a great time. I am so glad that you are recording memories for Lia of the province that she was born in. Your pictures are great. I especially like the one of you in your sun glasses.
    Keep the blog coming and keep on having fun. Give everyone a hug and a kiss from me and Billy.
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Austin!
    Wow! Sounds like a fun day! Glad things continue to go well! Can't wait for more updates!

    Love ya,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I LOVE those glasses Austin! Thanks for the pictures! The temples are beautiful! I am glad you are having fun!
    I am sorry the girls did not like the ride. Trust me, I have been there. Except the ride I was on included an eighty-nine foot drop at the end! Yes, I screamed so loud I had to take a breath before we even hit bottom!
    I love and miss you!
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Austin, Carolyn says hello and she enjoyed looking at your pictures and can't wait for you to get back. You look like you are all having a lot of fun.
    Love,
    Granny

    ReplyDelete