Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our First Day with Lia... Another Day in Taiyuan

December 18 2008

First thing first I do apologize fr the delay in the post. It's been very hard to find time to, when you have three little girls running around you wild.(and yes I said three) It's official today me and Dad realized we were outnumbered.First it went from two to one and now, three to two! Time surely has passed by.

All of us are doing well. Via Dad's blog you can all tell we get very little sleep here. It seems to come in small short spurts, never a regular eight hour sleep.

Lia is adjusting very well to her new family. Earlier today we visited the civil affairs office again to do more paperwork. There Lia told her orphanage directors who was who in her family. She was constantly running wild yelling Ba Ba (Dad) Ma Ma, Guh Guh (older brother), and Jei Jei (older sister). She truly seems to love her new family. When asked by the director if she wanted to go back to Datong with her she responded with a short simple "No". This all made us happy to know she loves her new family.

At lunch she would play and talk to Lily, me and mom. We laid the girls down for naps we each got her first kiss on the cheek from Lia. Mom claimed she got one from her first this morning.

Then me and Dad went and played pool, again this time I played well and beat him three out of three. After that we left the hotel, in search for more shoes for Lia. This gave me a great oppurtunity to use my Chinese, it proved to work well. We ended up getting two more pair.

Tonight Dad went and got McDonald's for us again. Which was very deicious, especially the ice cream. Then Lily and Lia got in the bath tub together for the first time. Mom, me, and Dad left so the girls could play. As we were talking the sounds of the girls laughing could be heard all over the room. Mom went back to check on them and there was about five inches of water all over the floor. Mom had to call for more towels from housekeeping, just so we could have some in the morning.

Dad and Mom are getting the girls ready for bed and combing their hair. As are we also. God continues to show us all how truly blessed we are again, as he does everyday. He surely never disapoints. Lia loves her new family, and we love her.
That's all for now. I will post again tomorrow afternoon. We are supposed to go shopping. Then we are to visit Jinci Temple. Love You all!

God Bless
Austin,Lily,and Lia Faith

4 comments:

  1. Hey Austin!
    Thanks for the update! I've just about wore out the refresh button on my computer this morning! I'm so glad things continue to go well! Give all your girls a big hug from me!

    Love you,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin,

    Thank you for the update. I, like Monica, have worn out the refresh button on my computer since I have been up since 2:45am working and longing for the next installment of your journey to be posted. Sounds like the girls rule now. Glad to hear that Lia told the officials who you all were. . . praise God for a smooth transition. Glad to hear that she and Lily are getting along so well.
    Tell everyone that we love and miss them. Praying that you will all get some much needed sleep tonight.

    Look forward to the next post.
    Love you guys,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin,
    I am so glad everything is going smoothly! Ha ha! It sounds like things are really interesting there! I am still praying for you guys. Mrs. Sam and all of your friends from marching band said to tell you they missed you! As do I! Have fun shopping!
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Austin, we are really enjoying your blog. Keep the stories and pictures going!
    We love you,
    Granny and Billy

    ReplyDelete